The One Bay Area Grant (OBAG) program is the policy and programming framework for investing federal Surface Transportation Block Grant Program (STP), Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ), and other fund programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. The Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) established the OBAG program in 2013 to strengthen the connection between transportation investments and regional goals for focused growth in Priority Development Areas (PDAs), places near public transit that are planned for new homes, jobs, and community amenities.
In response to MTC’s regional call for projects, C/CAG will conduct countywide outreach and initial project prioritization and submit a project nomination list for consideration by MTC (by September 2022). MTC staff will evaluate CTA nominations using regional criteria and recommend a subset of projects for OBAG 3 funding in January 2023.
On April 14, 2022, the C/CAG Board approved the C/CAG Guidelines and process for the OBAG 3 County & Local Program in San Mateo County. Information will be posted as appropriate and available. Applications are due by Friday July 1, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. PT
May 24, 2022 Update: The link to the MTC Complete Streets Checklist has been updated below. Project sponsors are required to complete the checklist as part of the application process.
Applicant Workshop and Virtual Office Hours
C/CAG Staff will be holding a virtual Applicant Workshop to guide jurisdictions through the application process. The workshop will be held on:
- Tuesday May 24, 2022, 1p.m. PT.
In addition, virtual office hours will be held by C/CAG Staff to provide additional guidance for project sponsors. Office hours will be held on:
- Wednesday June 1, 2022, from 1-3p.m. PT Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAlf–upj8rHNbHP_DIgLmzEnjHqHYctYSF
- Wednesday June 15, 2022, from 1-3p.m. PT: Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0tdeGgpzotHtxpdNwm0W_4KSPe2STPqT_I
C/CAG staff will also hold two public workshops to solicit project ideas for the call for projects, in addition to provide an opportunity for projects sponsors to present project ideas and receive feedback
- Wednesday May 25, 2022 from 6-7:30 p.m. PT. Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZckcemtpzIjHtH4YP28Mvcxd5eC4OMRxTI8
- Monday June 13, 2022 from 6-7:30 p.m. PT. Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYlf-qpqjMiE9TE65t3lSGwO_N7kwheeRP3
OBAG 3 Application